Thursday, June 12, 2008

A few at a time

Today, I am skipping ahead to present day. One week ago today, I was given a two week notice at my job. Now to be fair, I work(ed) for a home builder and quite honestly, I really thought I was getting axed in December, so on the bright side I lasted six months longer than I expected. There is a part of me, of course, that is a little apprehensive about not having a job, but a bigger percentage is almost looking forward to it - and I feel kinda bad for feeling that way. I love my job. I have been there for 3 1/2 years and they are really a big part of my life. Sounds kinda sad saying it and it looks pretty sad reading it too, I will tell you that. None the less, these are the folks that were here for me through my break up and all that went with it. When stuff like that happens you really find out who your friends are. I've been watching the "family" dwindle away little by little as people have been let go due to the housing market. Oh well, I have enjoyed it while it lasted and fell extremely lucky for the opportunities that I have been given.

No comments:

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger