Monday, December 15, 2008

Second verse, same as the first

Today at work I got tickets to the King's basketball game tonight and I immediately thought of the firefighter. When we first started dating, I had gotten tickets and we went together and had the best time. It was also the first time I got to see him with his mohawk in full effect...

The plus to it being winter is that it is off season so he has extra time now to do things, but when the weather gets bad and the roads get icy (he lives in the mountains) he really doesn't like to drive down the hill (which I totally can't blame him) while I on the other hand don't like him to drink and drive home, especially in those conditions. In any event I figured that I would give it a shot and maybe if he did come down he could just stay the night and...

Anyway,

I called him at 11:30 and he said that he was in the middle of a burn which was tough cause there was 2 feet of snow on the ground, but he wanted to go and would call me later to let me know. Ok, kind of a dick move on my part, but I was kinda thinking the firefighter was out so I text Dante and asked if either of the boys were free so I could take one of them to the game. He calls back and leaves me this message: "Hi, yeah, I'm sure one of them would want to go, but which one are you going to take? Remember Gabe's knee and Elijah hasn't been feeling good today, but I could ever go with you if you want. Just let me know." I got to thinking about it and its like how the hell can I choose between the boys? I only had two tickets. Grrr. Dante and I have been getting along ok and I at least know that he doesn't drink, so I could have a beer and he would be my designated driver. Safety first and all. So I hold off on calling Dante back until I hear from the firefighter (I know, I know, but there's always hope). I'm pulling into the garage around 5:30 and the firefighter calls. he tells me the roads have iced over and it's snowing again so he's really sorry, but he's going to stay up there tonight. I say no worries and really, I was thinking it was going to work out for the best anyway, so we've agreed to meet up this weekend. I now send Dante a text (his phone has been shut off for 2 weeks, but it still gets texts) saying "I'm taking you so be ready by 6:45." I'm on my way over and he calls, asks how far away I am and then asks me if I can take him to pick something up real quick before we go. I say sure and show up at his place 10 minutes later. I knock on the door, no answer. I go next door to his sisters and they have not seen him. I go across the street to see him hanging out with the neighbors. Cool people I will give them that. So as we are getting ready to leave he says to me "We better hurry and go get this if we are going so we aren't late" then I hear him say "We'll be back in just a few minutes" to the neighbors. Thought it was a little weird and it doesn't yet sink it quite yet. Then we are in the car and he says let me borrow your phone so I can call Jess and let him know we are close. I give him my phone and he calls his M-Fing crank dealer. People, he is doing all this sitting right next to me. How stupid are you guy? Did you think that I would miss the fact that you called Jess another name? Then he hangs up and says "You know, I'm not feeling well, so maybe you should have one of the boys go with you. Plus, I forgot I have to run Dan's house and drop off some stuff I borrowed from him"

Really? So 15 minutes ago when you called and said you were ready to go to the game, you were feeling great and didn't have someplace else to be? More like you really had no intention of going with me. You wanted me to come over and drive you around to pick up your shit, then give me on lame ass excuse after another. Oh and at this time, the game has already started, great free seats and I'm missing it for this shit. I mentioned that he must not have been too bad as he was hanging out at the neighbors house getting high - which abruptly started another fight. Whatever. I ended up taking his son and we had such a good time. The won by 20 points and I was able just to laugh and have fun which was what I really wanted to do all along. I text Dante on the way home and he called me back - from the neighbors - and said text me when you get close so I can go home and open the door for you guys. I hung up the phone and Elijah looks at me and says "Is the phone off? " I say yes and he said "I just didn't want him to overhear, but he's obviously not that sick if he feels good enough to go hang out at the neighbors the whole time we were gone." What do I say to that? Yeah, I know. Anyway, so once again, I take the title of Queen of the Lame Asses. Foiled again by trying to give Dante the benefit of the doubt. Oh well. in the bigger and perhaps the most important picture, I realized I got exactly what I wanted without having to even pay for a beer.

No comments:

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger