Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vintage Mia

The day after my birthday, was a long one and next year, I am for damn sure taking that day off - I got to work that morning, got out of my car, walked over to the curb, tripped, fell, landed - hard - on my hands & knees and yard-saled the entire contents of my purse. And did I mention that while all this was happening, a hot, young tax attorney I work with (just turned 26 - freakin hot) chose this particular moment to pull up in his beamer? And the biggest pisser of all? I dropped my just opened 1/2 liter bottle of Diet Coke and foamed the shit out of it. I was slightly hung over and all I wanted was a freaking deliciously cold Diet Coke. We've all got something we crave the next morning after a night of drinking right? Man, that really pissed me off. Anyway, I look back over my shoulder to see this guy Jay, pull up and ask me If I'm ok. Shit. This figures, but I had to start laughing because what the hell else do you do? Sadly, I've done more embarrassing things...Anyway, I pick myself up off the ground, get my stuff and turn around and he says "Don't worry, it always seems more embarrassing than it really is."


Um, no. I hate to correct you son, but that was pretty fucking embarrassing. I at least had enough spunk to say "You know what really pissed me off about all this? I foamed my soda". In reality, I wanted to sit on the ground, grab my knees and cry. It hurt so bad. I have a huge bruise on one leg, a gash on the other, both skinned knees and a skinned ankle. I am totally amazed that my pants didn't rip and I guarantee that I will be buying the same brand again. Anyway, Jay laughed and we walked and chatted on the way into work. On the upshot, there is absolutely no easier way to get someone comfortable with you that to make a complete ass of yourself unexpectedly. Par for the course when you're me.





1 comment:

Michael said...

Hi Mia,

My name is Michael Rivera, I'm 17 and I live and go to school in Hong Kong. It's nice to read about you, Mia.

I haven't tripped in years... It's almost abnormal. Oh, and I crave food like crazy in the morning after a night out. Something light and preferably cold.

Michael.

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger