Wednesday, December 31, 2008

See ya next year - part one

So Monday night the fire fighter calls me and says that his brother, sister-in-law and nephew were in town and asked if I wanted to come up to his place for dinner. I said sure, left work a little early and headed up the hill to see him. And, I am a nervous wreck. I haven't seen him since my birthday and I'm totally stoked to see him and sweating bullets to meet the family. You never know. Some people are super critical and protective of their family members, but I was hoping for the best.

Anyway...

I get off work a little early and being the planner I am, I brought a pair of jeans, t-shirt and sweat shirt with me in case I wanted to change, but I decided to stay in my work clothes cause I was wearing a super cute and very curve showing off outfit and thought it would look more presentable so decided not to change before I get up there. It takes me about an hour to get there and I am pleasantly surprised to see that there is snow on the ground. I have lived in this general area for about 27 years and there has only been one time that I ever remember it snowing here and I was about 5. It took all the snow we had in the front yard to make a snowman about 2 feet high so it was kind of a nice surprise not to expect it and see it. Anyway, so I pull into his place and see like three other cars there. I pull on my jacket, get out of the car and start to walk towards the small group of people when he sees me and comes over to give me a hug. He says "Oh, Adan and Roger from the firehouse came by today to do some dirt bike riding and they decided to stay for dinner too." Yea! Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore nervous! So the first person I meet is his brother and I go to shake his hand and he says "Can I have a hug?" Ok, good start. At least they are not uptight or anything. I then get introduced to the rest of his family and friends and they were awesome. We stood outside around a bond fire he built in the snow (which was so fucking cool to do) and drank beer and BBQed until his brother had a little too much to drink and we had to move it inside because he well, fell into the fire among other places more than once. Anyway, towards the end of the night the firefighter went out to tend to the bond fire so I decided to slip put with him to get a little one on one time. We ended up standing outside for about 45 minutes in the freezing cold, no jackets, warmed by the bond fire and neither of us giving a shit about being cold. We hugged, talked, made out, laughed, got serious, stood silent and just enjoyed the time together. The awkwardness is all but gone and if there were perhaps a spark between us before, it is now a full blown blaze. All night long he kept telling me how sexy I looked and how he can't stop thinking about me and all these other unbelievable things that women only fantasize about any man saying to them let alone a fucking super hot firefighter.

If this is a dream, please don't wake me up.

By now it's getting to be around 10:30 and I still have an hour drive home from the mountains and I have to work tomorrow so we head inside so I can say goodbye to everyone. They are great, both hug me goodbye, his buddies hug me goodbye and he walks me to my car where we stand there and make out like kids for the next 10 minutes. Finally, I pry myself away and drive home grinning like an idiot. About 45 minutes later he calls to make sure that I am getting home safely then texts me about 20 minutes after that to say that he wants to meet me fore New Years Eve and to call him after work tomorrow etc...

Oh man. I am so stinking excited that I can barley contain myself. I text him back that I'm down and I'll call him when I get home. The next night after work I give him a call and he says that hes heading down to his cousins, but he doesn't sound like his normal self, so I ask if he's ok. He says that his brother became even more inebriated after I left (which I just didn't even want to fathom) and that the whole day had really just been sort of a trial. Ah, funny, because of Dante, my afternoon became jacked up as well. Too long of a story to tell, but Dante and I were supposed to hang out that night and celebrate New Year's. All kinds of shit happened at work so I went to see one of my friends to talk about everything and called Dante to say I was going to be late. He got upset and said "Are you coming over or not?" and I said "Eventually" which pissed him off cause he thought I was going out with the firefighter. Fool. I knew it was not to be with the firefighter that night and really, I was ok with it. The whole end of the day went sota shitty and then I got reamed by Dante who is (finally!) getting a taste of his own medicine. I called him a little later on to ask if I was done being mad at me for no reason and he cut me of and said to call him tomorrow. You know what guy? Ok. So I went home and celebrated my way with Chico and the cats and ended up falling asleep on the couch around 11:30. Sadly, the firefighter text me at 11:52 to tell me there was patchy fog, but he made it home. I didn't get the message till 2:40am. :( I text him anyway and went back to sleep.

The day after New Years Day he called me about 1:45 and I asked him to come for dinner Saturday and he said yes and to call him after work to make plans. Then I said to myself "You do realize that he is probably going to stay the night right?" As Sam from Quantum Leap would say "Oh boy"...

No comments:

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger