Friday, January 8, 2010

Things I would like to ask my mom

I'd like to think that everyone has someone (or had someone in their life) that they can look up to, talk to and ask those tough questions that sometimes life throws at us. My mom passed away almost 15 years ago (when I was 16) so while, at this point in my life, I got to spend a good half of it with her, there are just some questions and life lessons that just don't maifest until later in life. I recently read a saying "Make peace with your past so you can focus on your future". That being said here are a list of questions I wish I could ask now in hopes of trying to make peace with some of my past:

Tell me about your first heart break - how did you get through it?

Have you ever gotten into an argument with a good friend that ruined that relationship? Did you ever want/try to fix it?

How do you really, really feel about yourself? Are you happy?

What is your biggest regret?

What are you most proud of?

Even after you married dad, were you ever conflicted about someone else?

I probably have a ton more that I haven't thought of or haven't even happened to me yet, but this is a good start. Even though I will never get these answers from her, I am fortunate enough to have good friends, aunts and co-workers that have have given guidance and will always continue to do so - looks like mom will always look out for me no matter what :)

1 comment:

Bevie said...

Sorry I have not been by to visit in a while. I don't visit blogs nearly so often as I once did.

Those from out past who meant anything to us are always with us in part. Our memories keep them alive and well in our hearts.

I hope things are well with you.

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger