Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MySpace

I hate MySpace, really I do. Personally, I think it is childish, stupid and a thousand other kinds of slanderous phrases. The bigger pisser? I have a MySpace page. Why? Because there are certain friends and family that seem to only want to communicate through MySpace, so I have broken down and yielded to the hype. Total and complete bunk - until someone you haven't seen in years and have wondered about continuously tracks you down.

Which is exactly what happened to me tonight.

My high school boyfriend was one I had a crush on for two years before we finally went out and he was my first love for a distance and up close. And oh yes, I did all the silly girl stuff of admiring him from a far, taking up the same interests, getting to know the same people - all to be closer to him. When we finally did become "boyfriend-girlfriend" I was beyond happy. That is until his parents decided to move out of state two months later. Oh how I cried and cried. For almost a solid year I pined after that guy. We would talk a few times a week, write each other letters and to be fair, the last time I actually saw him would be around 1993 and we did manage to keep in touch until some time in 2001. He got married, had a kid, moved from Arizona to Texas to Florida and I managed to keep up with him through all that. Of course once I started seeing Dante, everyone else seemed less important, especially people I hadn't seen for years. Now, I have thought about him quite often from time to time, tried to find him in the yellow pages and had even tried MySpace a while back with no luck, so I figured if we were meant to cross paths again then we would. And now we have. So far all I have is a message that says "Remember me?" Please my man, how could I forget? I have no plans on seeing him or anything, hell, I don't ever know where he lives, but I am just amazed at how life works out sometimes. In this case, all thanks to MySpace. Who would have thought? Most definitely not me.

1 comment:

Bevie said...

Sounds like a happy reunion, whether you meet personally or keep it on-line.

I never thought I would blog or chat or anything like that. Now it's very much a part of who I am and what I do. I've never met my best friend face-to-face.

All the best to you.

Me

My photo
31 years old, no where near where I thought I would be at this age and damned curious to see what lies around the next corner...
Powered By Blogger